More and more business are using Twitter to generate traffic and ultimately leads! Twitter can be a great resource to reach your audience. When selecting your social media efforts you should go where your audience is already participating.
Check out a few interesting Twitter stats!
For instance according to Pew Research 74% of online adults are using social networks and among those online adults, 19% of those use Twitter. With over 100 Million Daily active users that is an impressive audience. Twitter users tend to be younger, smarter, richer and more mobile compared to the average Faceook user.
While there are many reasons to participate in Twitter as part of your Social Media efforts, 34% of marketers use Twitter specifically to generate leads because of it’s effectiveness. Small Business followers can be very loyal.
- 47% of people who follow brands are more likely to visit the company’s website.
- 74% of people who follow small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) follow to get updates on future products.
- 70% of SMB followers retweet because they like the content.
- 86% of users are MORE likely to visit a site after it has been recommended by a friend.
- Recognize a 30% lift in recommendations of an SMB after following them on Twitter.
- 72% of followers are MORE likely to make a future purchase.
To be successful in the Twitter universe you must target your followers. You should target people that share your interests.
How has your experience with Twitter changed your Social Media plans? Please leave your comments and questions below.