The Complete Guide to Building Your Twitter Audience
According to Twitter here are a few facts:
- 271 million monthly active users
- 500 million Tweets are sent per day
- 78% of Twitter active users are on mobile
- 77% of accounts are outside the U.S.
- Twitter supports 35+ languages
- Vine: More than 40 million users
An article posted about Twitter on thenextweb.com provides some insight on the numbers.
Here are the numbers as they appeared in the release:
- Average Monthly Active Users (MAUs) were 255 million as of March 31, 2014, an increase of 25% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs reached 198 million in the first quarter of 2014, an increase of 31% year-over-year, representing 78% of total MAUs
- Timeline views reached 157 billion for the first quarter of 2014, an increase of 15% year-over-year.
- Advertising revenue totaled $226 million, an increase of 125% year-over-year
- Mobile advertising revenue was approximately 80% of total advertising revenue.
You should focus on building a community that makes sense for you!
Social Network Landscape
A Little About Twitter Users…
They tend to be younger, smarter, richer and more mobile compared to the average Facebook user.
Millennials are quite active, a whopping 81% check their Twitter at least once a day!
72% of Moms expect to interact with brands on Twitter